Spring Break Reading
Yo! Spring break 2006 is here. Do you have anything fun to read? Need a recommendation?Well, there's no accounting for taste (see a previous post), and yours may diverge drastically from mine, but for what it's worth, here's a list of the last 5 books I've read. Who knows, maybe one will pique your interest and keep you entertained over the break. Happy reading. --Kris--
1. One Corpse Too Many, by Ellis Peters (pen name for Edith Pargeter.) Read a brief description here.
I'm currently reading this, the second novel in the Brother Cadfael mystery series that also became a TV mini-series starring British actor Derek Jacobi. If you like British accents, medieval times, monks, and mysteries, you'll love the TV show. Sean Pertwee as Sheriff Hugh Beringar adds some nice eye candy. Rrrowwww. Oh yeah, you might like the book too (minus the accents of course.) You'll have to use your imagination for the eye candy.2. Middlesex (winner of the 2003 Pulitzer prize for fiction), by Jeffrey Eugenides. Plot spoiler: read a brief description here, only if you don't want to be surprised. (I'd recommend being surprised.)
Yes, I occasionally read something of substance. Amazing writing. Engaging, funny, poignant. Not for those with delicate sensibilities.3. A Morbid Taste for Bones, by Ellis Peters (see above #1). Read a brief description here.
The first is the Brother Cadfael mystery series. A little bit of Welsh history tied to an engaging story about two dead bodies, one centuries old, the other fresh as a daisy (so to speak.) I got hooked on the TV show in the '90's but didn't get around to reading the books 'til 2006.4. In the Company of Cheerful Ladies, by Alexander McCall Smith. Read a brief description here.
The 7th novel in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. Mma Ramotswe "must "confront a difficult secret from her past." Haven't we all?5. R is for Ricochet, by Sue Grafton. Read a brief description here.
I've read A - R in this Kinsey Milhone mystery series. I'm a fairly slow reader but finished this in a day and a half over Thanksgiving break. I like her books so no disrespect intended when I say if you want something light and easy to read, this one fits the bill.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home