Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Dude, Where Are My Readers?!


Rational Choice in an Uncertain World: The Psychology of Judgment and Decision Making
by Reid Hastie & Robyn M. Dawes
Sage Publications, c2001
Meriam Library Call Number: BF447 H37 2001 (Main Collection)


If you read the previous post "Please, oh Please, Won't You Check Me Out" you will have learned all about my "deselection project" and that I found a poor, lonely book crying to be checked out.

Well readers, the saga continues. Today I found another recent book that has never been checked out! Another perfectly credible, well written, well reviewed book. A book so popular the first time it was written (1988) it was revised and published again!

I ask again, What up? Could it be that because the word "judgment" has two legitimate spellings ( judgment or judgement) people aren't finding it in our library catalog because of the way they are spelling it in a keyword search?

Reader's of this blog, I'm asking for your opinions. Why do you think this book has never checked out? You can respond directly to me via e-mail (the address is in my Profile) or you can add a comment to this blog by clicking on the link next to the pencil icon. You don't have to be a registered Blogger user to comment. Simply select the Anonymous radio button, and either sign your post or not, your choice.

From the Book:
Reader Dudes, where are you? I could provide you with hours of reading pleasure and intellectual stimulation if only you would decide to take the plunge and check me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home